This is a problem that gets the best of us more often than not. Being sustainable requires serious commitment, which apart from mental conviction includes higher investment that you usually would put in non-ecofriendly products - this is attributable to the durable nature of unsustainable raw materials such as plastic which makes it more in demand by producers and consumers as has been evident. However, we could not stress more on the importance of replacement of plastic and other non-ecofriendly goods.
Being ecofriendly can be monetary challenging, however this can be overcome through the following 5 ways:
- Replace plastic with sustainable goods made from raw materials such as glass, tin, bamboo, fabrics such as jute. This means replacing those plastic bottles and containers with glass containers, using tin cans to store food or just simply the glass one. Pick those goods that are made from these materials. Some of these product that you can start with are MyONEarth Jute Tote Shopping Bag, Jute Sling Bag, Copper Water bottles etc.
- Avoid disposing of plastic. Even if not in use, do not contribute to the problem of climate change by adding to the rampant accumulation of plastic.
- Walk short distances instead of pulling out your vehicle.
- Go for ecofriendly makeup. You can start by opting for reusable makeup removing wipes, for example the MyONEarth Bamboo Reusable Makeup Removing Wipes. Each wipe can be used up to 200 times, and is absolutely machine washable - or just by hand.
- Reuse as much as you can. This applies not only to plastic products but ecofriendly ones as well.
To support a sustainable lifestyle, ONEarth curates eco-consciously made homeware, accessories, personal care products, gifts and kitchenware. Thus standing out as one of the eccentric eco shops. Our products are plastic free packaging that support a ‘waste to wealth’ lifestyle and contribute to an ecofriendly way of living.