a) Product Features:
- Material: Real Coconut shell wooden bowls
- 2 Small: 250-300 ml; 1 Medium: 450-500 ml; 1 Jumbo: 600-650 ml
- Packaging: Completely Recycled and refashioned from Waste to wealth
- Comes with 2 Spoons
Are coconut bowls hygienic and safe to eat from?
Who makes this coconut shell bowls?
Our artisans in South India.
Is this coconut shell bowl natural?
How to use this coconut shell bowl?
Use it for all kinds of food except hot food.
Can you put hot food in coconut bowls?
We recommend avoiding usage of these bowls with hot food.
What is the volume of this coconut bowl?
Small: 250-300 ml; Medium: 450-500 ml; Jumbo: 600-650 ml
How do you clean and wash this coconut shell bowl?
Soft hand cleaning is recommended. Avoid using harsh steel scrubbers. DO NOT clean them in a dishwasher.
Does it leak liquid food when stored for long time?
Since this is a natural product made from coconut shells, there is a possibility of liquid leakage if stored for a long time. Recommend you to avoid it.
Can I put these shell bowls in microwave oven?
DO NOT put in a microwave oven.
c) Care: Our Coconut Shell Wooden like Bowl is a wonder of nature and like all crockery, it needs some regular care. Here are some basic things to keep in mind while using them:
- Do not expose them to extreme heat or put them in a refrigerator, microwave, oven or dishwasher.
- Coconut Bowls are best suited to room-temperature and cool foods. Hot foods, on occasion, can cause the bowl to crack.
- To give it a fresh look, polish it with coconut oil.
- While washing them, gently hand wash with luke-warm water. Do not put it in the dishwasher, use hot water or soak it for a long period of time.
#ONEarth Basics: Why must waste coconut shells be upcycled?
Waste coconut shells are burnt in large numbers in South India, primarily because the smoke drives away the mosquitoes. Also, it's a quick way to get rid of them. However, this releases methane and CO2 in the atmosphere. Methane is 80x worse than CO2 when it comes to global warming in the short run. In the long run, it is still about 25x worse.
Wish to read more about coconut shells/coir? Read here.
It is nice product, we just loved it. Packaging could have been better.
Coconut shell Bowl -Set of 4