- Dense, finely hand combed coir fibre bristles
- Forms excellent lather with soap
- Does not leave scratch marks on tefflon and coated utensils
- Handle diameter - 5 cm; Block length - 6 cm; Fibre length - 3 cm
- Bristle material - coir
- Block material - Neem wood
#ONEarth Basics: Why must waste coconut shells be upcycled?
Waste coconut shells are burnt in large numbers in South India, primarily because the smoke drives away the mosquitoes. Also, it's a quick way to get rid of them. However, this releases methane and CO2 in the atmosphere. Methane is 80x worse than CO2 when it comes to global warming in the short run. In the long run, it is still about 25x worse.
Wish to read more about coconut shells/coir? Read here.